Beef, Spinach and Ricotta Pancake Recipe
- ½ Large onion
- Oil (to fry)
- 250g Minced Beef
- ½ tbsp Worcester Sauce
- ½ tbsp Tomato puree
- 1 Beef stock cube
- Salt (to season)
- 300ml Milk
- 1 Egg
- 125g Plain flour
- 50g Baby spinach
- 125g Ricotta cheese
If you’re tired of the usual lemon and sugar on your pancakes, then you must try my beef, spinach and ricotta pancake recipe this Shrove Tuesday.
- Finely chop the onion and fry in a saucepan with a little oil for 5 minutes.
- Add the minced beef and fry until browned.
- Add the Worcester sauce, tomato puree and crumble in the stock cube. Season and mix together.
- Pour in some boiling water until the contents of the pan are just covered. Stir and leave to simmer for 15 minutes (until the sauce thickens).
- Meanwhile prepare the pancake batter. Whisk the milk, egg and flour together until smooth. Set aside.
- When the beef has finished simmering, stir in the spinach until reduced in size.
- Fold in the ricotta then remove from the heat and set aside whilst you cook the pancakes.
- Heat some oil in a non-stick frying pan. Pour in just enough batter to cover the surface of the pan to make a nice thin pancake. Do this to make 2 pancakes.
- Plate the pancakes up and place the filling in the middle of each pancake.
- Roll the pancakes up and enjoy whilst still hot.
For more pancake inspiration, check out my summer fruit pancakes recipe.