Beef Bourguignon Recipe
- 400g Stewing beef
- Handful freshly chopped parsley
- 3 Sprigs thyme
- 1 Bay leaf
- Oil (to fry)
- 4 Rashers of bacon
- 300g Shallots
- 300g Button mushrooms
- 1 tbsp Plain flour
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1 Bouquet garni
- Salt and pepper (to season)
- 1 tbsp Tomato puree
- ½ Bottle red wine
- 200g Chopped carrots
- 1 Beef stock cube
This is jam-packed full of beef, vegetables and most importantly, flavour! My beef bourguignon recipe is the ultimate winter-warmer and can be made in a casserole, crock pot or slow cooker.
- Heat some oil in a large casserole on the stove. Fry the beef until browned.
- Add the flour and mix into the meat juices. Then add the tomato puree, wine, bouquet garni, bay leaf, thyme, parsley and crumble in the stock cube.
- Season, stir everything together and leave to simmer for 2 hours with the lid on. Top the mixture up with water whilst cooking (if needed).
- 30 minutes before serving, chop the bacon into pieces, peel and quarter the shallots and finely chop the garlic.
- In a separate large pan, fry the bacon, shallots, garlic and mushrooms for 10 minutes. Then stir into the casserole along with the chopped carrot.
- Leave to simmer for a further 30 minutes with the lid on.
- After the cooking time, check for seasoning. Leave to simmer down further if the sauce needs to thicken more.
- Then serve straight away, garnished with more fresh parsley.
See more of my delicious stewed recipes, perfect for winter.