Irish Stew Recipe
Made with Stewing Lamb and Guinness, this stew is full of flavour and easy to make. Celebrate Paddy's day in style with this recipe - it'll be grand!
- Peel then roughly chop the Carrots and Garlic, slice the Onions and chop up the Bacon, then add to a casserole dish.
- Fry with a little oil on the hob for 5 minutes. Then add the Lamb and fry until sealed and browned.
- Crumble in the 2 Veg Stock Cubes, Thyme, Potatoes (roughly chopped, no need to peel) and Guinness.
- Thoroughly stir everything then bring the casserole to the boil.
- Put the lid on then place in the oven on 180c for between 1½ and 2 hours.
- After which, remove from the oven. If the stew still needs thickening up, make a paste out of the Flour and water and stir into the Stew. Then serve.
My Irish Soda Bread Recipe goes great with the stew - perfect for dunking!