Chipotle Chicken Meal Prep Recipe
- 1 Onion
- 2 Garlic cloves
- Olive oil (to fry)
- 1 tbsp Cider vinegar
- ½ - 1 tbsp Chipotle paste
- 1 Tin chopped tomatoes
- 3 Chicken breasts
- 2 Sliced peppers
- 250g Cooked rice
- Handful fresh coriander
Here’s a great meal prep idea for weight loss and muscle gain. My chipotle chicken recipe is perfect for lunches for the week ahead PLUS it’s easy to prepare.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180c/350f.
- Finely slice the onion and garlic.
- Heat some oil in a saucepan and add the onion, garlic, cider vinegar and chipotle paste.
- Fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and season. Stir together and leave to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the chicken and peppers to an oven dish.
- After 10 minutes, pour the tomato chipotle sauce over the chicken.
- Cook in the oven for 30-40 minutes, stirring the peppers half way through cooking.
- When the chicken is cooked through, remove from the oven.
- Separate the sauce from the chicken and slice the chicken into strips.
- Take 4 food-safe containers and split the cooked rice between them.
- Then split the chicken, peppers and sauce between them.
- Garnish with freshly chopped coriander and store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
For loads more meal prep ideas, check out my other meal prep recipes.