Chicken & Tomato Pasta Meal Prep Recipe
- 1 Onion
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1 Pepper
- 50g Chorizo
- Olive oil (to fry)
- 1 Tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Oregano
- ¼ tsp Chilli powder
- 1 tbsp Tomato puree
- 1 Vegetable stock cube
- 150g Penne pasta
- 2 Chicken breasts
- Fresh Parsley
My chicken and tomato pasta meal prep is perfect when preparing lunches for the week and brilliant for beginners. It’s easy and healthy with a delicious pasta sauce.
- Finely chop the onion and garlic. Chop the pepper and chorizo into 1cm square pieces.
- Heat some oil in a saucepan and fry the onion, garlic, pepper and chorizo for 5 minutes.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, oregano, chilli powder and tomato puree.
- Crumble in the stock cube and season with salt. Stir everything together, top the mixture up with boiling water and simmer for 15 minutes until thickened.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according the instructions on the packet and drain from the water.
- Also grill the chicken until cooked through.
- When the sauce is done, remove from the heat and stir in the pasta.
- Check the chicken is cooked then chop into pieces. Stir into the tomato pasta.
- Separate into 4 containers and garnish with freshly chopped parsley.
- Store in the fridge for up to 4 days and enjoy cold or reheated.
Like to be organised with your lunches? Check out all my other meal prep recipes.