Chicken Fajita Meal Prep Recipe
- 2 Chicken breasts
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tbsp Oregano
- Juice from 1 lime
- ½ tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Onion
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 3 Peppers
- 1 Tin mixed beans
- 2 Avocados
- Handful fresh coriander
Looking for healthy meal prep ideas that are also good for weight loss? My chicken fajita meal prep recipe is quick to prepare for the week ahead.
- Preheat the oven to 200c / 390f.
- Slice the chicken into strips. Add to a bowl along with the sugar, oregano, cumin and oil. Squeeze in the juice from the lime.
- Stir then cover. Leave the flavours to mingle in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice the onion into half-moons, finely chop the garlic and slice the peppers.
- After 30 minutes, mix the onion and garlic into the chicken then pour into a roasting dish.
- Make space for the peppers and add to the dish as well.
- Drizzle with oil then cook in the oven for 30 minutes, stirring half way through cooking.
- Once cooked, lay out 4 tubs and split the chicken and peppers between them.
- Also add ½ and avocado each (sliced or chopped) and a ¼ of the can of beans each (cooked as per instructions on the tin).
- Sprinkle with freshly chopped coriander and store in the fridge.
Enjoy cold or reheated in the microwave for up to 5 days.