Vegetable Stew Recipe
- 2 Onions
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1/2 a Swede
- 2 Celery stalks
- 2 Parsnips
- 2 Carrots
- 1 Leek
- 1 tin Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 tin of Butter Beans
- 1 Vegetable Stock Cube
- Olive Oil (to fry)
- Handful of fresh Parsley
If you’re looking for a vegetarian winter warmer that’s also really filling, look no further. My vegetarian stew recipe is packed full of winter vegetables and will really warm your insides up!
- Begin by pre-heating the oven to 180c. Then peel the Onion and Garlic and roughly chop. Fry them in a casserole for 5 minutes with a little Oil on the hob.
- Meanwhile, peel the Swede, Parsnips and Carrots then roughly chop them along with the Celery and Leek.
- Once the Onion and Garlic is fried, throw in all the vegetables along with the tinned Tomatoes and washed Butter Beans.
- Prepare the Stock Cube in a jug with 300ml of boiling water, then pour into the casserole along with some seasoning.
- Thoroughly stir everything together and if needed, top up the casserole with boiling water until the ingredients are just covered.
- Put the lid on the casserole then place in the oven for between 60 and 90 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened up nicely.
- When the stew is ready, garnish with fresh Parsley and enjoy.
For another great vegetarian winter warmer, try my Carrot and Coriander Soup Recipe.