- x1 Bramley Apple
- Shredded Suet (100g)
- 400g Mixed Fruit (Raisins, Sultanas, Currants)
- Dark Brown Sugar (150g)
- x1 Orange
- Grated Almonds (25g)
- Ground Mixed Spice (x2 tsp)
- Ground Cinnamon (1/2 tsp)
- Ground Nutmeg (1/2 tsp)
- Brandy (3 tbsp)
You may think Mincemeat is hard to make, but it actually couldn't be easier. It really is a case of a little bit of chopping then mixing everything together. Make your Mince Pies stand out from the crowd this year with this Mincemeat Recipe.
- Firstly, finely chop the Bramley Apple (no need to peel), then add to a large mixing bowl.
- Then add the Mixed Fruit, Suet, Sugar, Almonds, Ground Mixed Spice, Ground Cinnamon and Ground Nutmeg.
- Into the bowl, grate in the zest of the orange, then squeeze in the juices from the orange as well.
- Add 3 tablespoons of Brandy to the mixture (5-6 if you like it more boozy)!
- Then with your hands, thoroughly mix everything together, then leave to rest for 10 hours in the fridge.
- Make sure you stir the mixture regularly, then it's ready to use in any Mince Pie Recipe
Check out the cooking video for this recipe below. Merry Christmas!