Eton Mess Cheesecake Dessert Kabobs
- 1 Egg white
- 50g Caster sugar
- 1 ½ Gelatine leaves
- 90ml Double/heavy cream
- 200g Cream cheese
- 40g Icing sugar
- ½ tsp Vanilla extract
- 11 (165g) Digestive biscuits
- 90g Butter
- 24 Strawberries
My Eton mess dessert kabobs are a great BBQ dessert idea, guaranteed to impress. This recipe includes the classic ingredients of this dessert, but on a stick!
- Firstly, make the meringues. Whip the egg white until fluffy then gradually add the caster sugar whilst whisking. When stiff peaks form, add the mixture to a piping bag.
- Pipe out lots of mini meringues onto a lined baking tray and bake for 50 minutes on 130c / 270f.
- Meanwhile, soak the gelatine in water for 5 minutes then heat the cream up in a saucepan (don’t let it boil).
- Remove any excess water from the gelatine then stir into the cream. Leave to cool.
- Add the cream cheese, icing sugar and vanilla extract to a mixing bowl. Mix until smooth.
- Stir in the gelatinous cream then leave to set in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- 5 minutes before the cheesecake is ready, smash the digestive biscuits into crumb size pieces.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and stir in the biscuits.
- For each cheesecake ball (2 per kabob), spoon out some cheesecake mix and cover in the buttery biscuit crumbs.
- Place on greaseproof or parchment paper and leave to set in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- When the meringues are baked, remove from the oven.
- Assemble the kabobs with 3 strawberries, 2 pieces of meringue and 2 cheesecake balls.
- Leave in the fridge until they’re ready to come out and eat within 5-10 minutes of coming from the fridge.