Sausage Bread Recipe
My Sausage Bread recipe is great for sharing and bursting with flavour. Great if you love baking.
- Add the flour, yeast, salt and caster sugar to a mixing bowl. Briefly mix together.
- Crumble in the butter using your fingertips.
- When all the butter is mixed in, pour in 150ml of lukewarm water. Mix until everything begins to clump together then pour onto a clean, floured work surface.
- Knead the dough for 10 minutes. Then leave to proof in a covered bowl for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile prepare the sausage filling. Add the sausage meat, garlic, chopped parsley and Worcestershire sauce into a bowl.
- Mix the filling until combined then set aside until the dough has finished proving.
- Roll the dough into a ½cm thick rectangle then place on a baking tray lined with greaseproof or parchment paper.
- Spread the sausage filling all over the dough then roll the bread up. Tightly press the last piece of dough down and pinch the ends.
- Bake on the tray in an oven preheated to 180c/350f for 25-30 minutes.
- When golden and cooked on all sides, remove from the oven and leave to cool.
- Then slice the loaf into 10. Serve and enjoy.
TIP! Try this hot by cooking slices of sausage bread under the grill.