If you want to impress with a snazzy dessert, then try my profiteroles recipe. They’re topped with chocolate and have a whipped cream filling.
- Preheat the oven to 200c/390f.
- Place a saucepan over a low heat on the stove. Add 100ml of boiling water and melt in the butter.
- Add the flour and vigorously mix together to form a ball of dough. Leave to cool for 5 minutes.
- Crack in one egg at a time, beating them into the ball of dough.
- When you have a relatively stiff mixture, separate it into 10 balls on a baking tray lined with greaseproof/parchment paper.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- When risen and golden, remove from the oven and leave to cool.
- Meanwhile, whip the cream until stiff and melt the chocolate in a saucepan or in the microwave.
- When the profiteroles are cool, slice each in half and stuff with whipped cream.
- Dip the profiteroles in the melted chocolate then leave to set in the fridge. Then serve and enjoy.
Tip! For more profiteroles, simply double up the mixture.