How to cook a Leg of Lamb
You can’t beat the taste of oven roasted lamb. Here’s my recipe on how to cook a leg of lamb with the bone in. Including timings for rare and well done.
- Remove the lamb from the fridge for at least an hour, to bring it up to room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- Roughly chop the garlic cloves and rosemary and mix into the oil with some seasoning.
- Place the lamb into an oven dish and score the top 5-6 times with a sharp knife.
- Rub the garlic and rosemary mix into the incisions. Rub any extra over the top of the joint.
- Place into the oven and cook for 15 minutes per 500g, plus an extra 15 minutes. For well done, increase to 20 minutes per 500g, plus 20 minutes.
- Baste regularly with the lamb juices then remove from the oven when cooked.
- Cover with foil and leave to rest for 15 minutes.
- Then carve and serve straight away.
TIP! For great flavour, use some of the lamb juices to roast your potatoes in.