Chicken Cacciatore Recipe
- 3 Chicken Breasts
- 20g Plain flour
- Oil (to fry)
- 1 Large onion
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1 Red Pepper
- 2 Carrots
- 150g Baby/chestnut mushrooms
- 1 tbsp Dried sage
- 2 Sprigs Rosemary
- 1 tbsp Tomato puree
- 15 Black olives
- 1 Tin plum tomatoes
- 1 Chicken/veg stock cube
- Salt & pepper
- 150ml Red wine
- 1 Bay leaf
- Handful Fresh parsley
This is a traditional Italian dish known as hunters stew. My chicken cacciatore recipe is easy to prepare and bursting with flavour.This is a traditional Italian dish known as hunters stew. My chicken cacciatore recipe is easy to prepare and bursting with flavour.
- Coat the chicken in the plain flour.
- Heat some oil in a large saucepan on the stove. Brown the chicken all over then set aside.
- Finely chop the onion and garlic. Slice the pepper and chop the carrots.
- Add some more oil to the pan and fry the onion, garlic, pepper, carrots and washed mushrooms for 5 minutes.
- Add the Olives, tomato puree, rosemary, sage, plum tomatoes and crumble in the stock cube. Season then add the wine.
- Stir and bring up to a gentle simmer. Add the chicken to the pan, mix into the sauce and add the bay leaf.
- Place a lid on the pan and leave to simmer for 20-30 minutes until you’re happy with the consistency of the sauce.
- Serve straight away, garnished with fresh parsley and enjoy.
Check out all my other Italian recipes for more inspiration.