Chicken and Chorizo Paella Recipe
- 1 Large onion
- 3 Garlic cloves
- Oil (to fry)
- 75g Chopped chorizo
- 450g Chopped chicken breast
- Pinch of Saffron
- 1 Veg or chicken stock cube
- 1 tbsp Tomato puree
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- 225g Paella rice
- Salt (to season)
- 1 Red pepper
- 100g Peas
- Parsley (to garnish)
If you’re looking for a flavour-bomb of a Spanish dish, then you must try my easy chicken and chorizo paella recipe. It’s made with saffron and other exciting spices.
- Finely chop the onion and garlic.
- Heat some oil in a large pan and fry the onion, garlic and chorizo for 5 minutes.
- Chop the chicken into chunks then add to the pan. Fry for a further 5 minutes.
- Crumble in the stock cube and add the paprika, tomato puree and saffron. Stir briefly.
- Over a low heat, stir in the paella rice for 1 minute.
- Top the contents of the pan up with boiling water until the ingredients are just covered.
- Season and stir then leave to simmer for 15 minutes with the lid off. Keep topping the pan up with water so the paella doesn't dry out.
- Meanwhile, chop the red pepper into small chunks.
- After 15 minutes, stir in the pepper and peas. Leave to simmer for a final 5 minutes, allowing the sauce to thicken.
- Check for seasoning, stir, then serve garnished with freshly chopped parsley.
Check out all my other rice based recipes.