Apple Pie Recipe
My easy apple pie recipe is perfect for Thanksgiving. It’s quick to prepare and made with fresh apples to make it super tasty.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180c/350f.
- Core, peel and slice the apples into wedges. Then add to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the sugar, cinnamon, lemon juice and flour. Mix everything together until combined.
- Roll the pastry out on a floured work surface then line a greased 28cm pie dish (saving the excess pastry for later).
- Fill the pie with the apple filling.
- Roll out the rest of the pastry for the top of the pie.
- Place the pie lid over the filling, secure down by running a folk around the edge and trim off any excess.
- Prick a few holes on top, brush with milk then bake in the oven for approx. 35 minutes.
- When golden on top, remove from the oven and serve.
Tip! My apple pie recipes tastes great with ice cream or custard.