Tiramisu Ice Cream Recipe
My tasty homemade tiramisu ice cream recipe is super easy to make at home. It contains all the original ingredients of the traditional tiramisu dessert.
- Place a saucepan over a low heat on the stove and pour in the milk and cream. Stir and bring up to a gentle simmer.
- Meanwhile, add the egg yolks and 75g of caster sugar to a mixing bowl. Whisk together until thick and pale in colour.
- When the milk and cream are simmering, add the egg yolk and caster sugar. Stir continuously for 15 minutes to allow the mixture to thicken. Remain over a low heat so you don’t scramble the egg.
- Once thickened, transfer to a heatproof dish and leave to cool completely in the fridge.
- Meanwhile, add the mascarpone cheese, coffee, brandy and 50g of caster sugar to a mixing bowl. Whisk until smooth.
- When the ice cream base has cooled, pour into the bowl of an ice cream maker along with the mascarpone flavouring.
- Place the bowl in the machine and leave to churn until you’re happy with the consistency of the ice cream.
- Serve sprinkled with cocoa powder and grated dark chocolate and enjoy.
Love ice cream? Check out all my other ice cream recipes.