Spicy Butternut Squash Soup Recipe
My spicy butternut squash soup recipe is easy to make and is also vegan friendly. It’s a deliciously tasty winter warmer spiced with fresh chilli.
- Roughly chop the onion, garlic and chilli.
- Heat some oil in a large saucepan and fry the onion, garlic and chilli for 5 minutes.
- Peel, chop and deseed the butternut squash then peel and chop the carrot.
- Add the vegetables to the saucepan along with some seasoning and crumble in the stock cube.
- Top up the contents of the pan with water until just covered. Leave to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Then separate the vegetables from the liquid, setting the liquid aside.
- Use a hand or regular blender to blitz the vegetables until smooth. Add back in as much liquid as you like until you’re happy with the thickness of the soup.
- Serve straight away or later reheated, garnished with freshly chopped parsley.
Love soup? Check out my really easy tomato soup recipe, made with Napolina plum tomatoes.