Mango Ice Cream Recipe
Here’s how to make my really refreshing mango ice cream recipe. It’s made with homemade mango pulp and it’s easy to make at home.
- Place a saucepan over a low heat on the stove and pour in the milk and cream. Stir and bring up to a gentle simmer.
- Meanwhile, add the egg yolks and 75g of caster sugar to a mixing bowl. Whisk together until thick and pale in colour.
- When the milk and cream are simmering, add the egg yolk and caster sugar. Stir continuously for 15 minutes to allow the mixture to thicken. Remain over a low heat so you don’t scramble the egg.
- Once thickened, transfer to a heatproof dish and leave to cool completely in the fridge.
- Meanwhile, blend the mango until smooth then add to a clean saucepan along with 50g of caster sugar.
- Stir for 10 minutes over a low heat in order for the mango flavouring to thicken and reduce down.
- Transfer to a heatproof dish and leave to cool in the fridge.
- When the ice cream base and flavouring are cool, add to the bowl of an ice cream maker and leave to churn.
- When you’re happy with the consistency of the ice cream, enjoy straight away or store in the freezer for up to a week.
Love ice cream? Check out all my other recipes here.