Healthy Banana Ice Cream Recipe
Got loads of bananas to use up? Try my healthy banana ice cream recipe. It has only 6g of fat and 199 calories per serving. That’s because it’s a Quark cheese recipe which substitutes the cream.
- Add the egg yolks, Quark cheese, milk and honey to a saucepan.
- Over a low heat on the stove, stir continuously (10-15 minutes) until the mixture thickens and is smooth. Remember to keep it on a low heat so the egg doesn't scramble.
- Remove from the heat and leave to chill completely in the fridge.
- Add the bananas to a food processor and blitz until smooth.
- Add the cooled mixture and banana to the bowl of an ice cream maker and begin churning.
- Once the machine has finished, enjoy straight away or store in the freezer.
TIP! For extra flavour, chocolate chips go great with banana ice cream.